Work Search: Any Field
Searches all the fields associated with a work in the database, including summary, notes and tags, but not the full work text.
The characters ":" and "@" have special meanings. Leave them out of your search or you will get unexpected results. Like in the Title and Author/Artist field, you can use the following operators to combine your search terms:
- *: any characters
- book* will find book and books and booking.
- space: acts like AND for search terms in the same field of the work
- Harry Potter will find Harry Potter and Harry James Potter in any field, but it won't find works by a creator named Harry with the character tag Sherman Potter.
- AND: searches for works which have both terms in any field
- Harry AND Potter will find works by a creator named Harry with the character tag Sherman Potter.
- ||: OR (not exclusive)
- Harry || Potter will find Harry, Harry Potter, and Potter.
- "": words in exact sequence
- "Harry Lockhart" will find Harry Lockhart but not Harry Potter/Gilderoy Lockhart.
- -: NOT
- Harry -Lockhart will find Harry Potter but not Harry Lockhart or Gilderoy Lockhart/Harry Potter.
- "Fandom X" "F/F" -Explicit
- will return all works from Fandom X tagged as F/F, and exclude those tagged Explicit
- "Character A" OR "Character B" -"Character Death"
- will return all works including Character A or Character B (or both), and no works tagged with "Character Death" in either the Warnings or the Additional tags
- "Character A/Character B" Underage Mature OR Explicit
- will return all works for this pairing that include an Underage warning and are either rated Mature or Explicit